On Thursday, August 17th, I sat down with Maggie Lake and Real Vision. During the 36-minute interview, the overriding theme continues to be one of “Stagflation”.
Here are the main points:
- Rates: We don’t really know yet the impact of the rapid rate rise.
- Inflation: Wave 3 is here. Wages are a part of that. Next wave would be more based on some level of devastation.
- Risks lurking underneath the market: How we look at risk on/off factors.
- Gold prices vs. Long Bonds and SPY: Will that flip to risk-off?
- July 6-month calendar ranges: What is holding, below and above. (Hint: IWM chart above.)
- The Dollar: how much of an impact?
- Where are commodities now and where they might go? (Hint: Gold chart below.)
- Picks and pans: Where we are focused.
- China: How long until bad news becomes good news?
For more detailed trading information about our blended models, tools and trader education courses, contact Rob Quinn, our Chief Strategy Consultant, to learn more.
If you find it difficult to execute the MarketGauge strategies or would like to explore how we can do it for you, please email Ben Scheibe at Benny@MGAMLLC.com.
Follow Mish on Twitter @marketminute for stock picks and more. Follow Mish on Instagram (mishschneider) for daily morning videos. To see updated media clips, click here.
Mish joins Maggie Lake of Real Vision to discuss what rising bond yields mean for investors across the market landscape, what comes next for stocks and commodities, and why she is taking profits here in the growth and AI stocks.
Mish shows why January and now the July reset worked in this appearance on Business First AM.
Mish discusses Alibaba’s stock price in this appearance on CNBC Asia.
Mish discusses inflation, bonds, calendar ranges and places to park your money on the Benzinga Morning Prep show.
Mish covers why August is a good time for caution in this appearance on Business First AM.
Mish and Jared go over oil and what might happen with small caps and regional banks in this appearance on Yahoo! Finance.
August 21: TD Ameritrade
August 28: Chuck Jaffe, Money Show
September 7: Singapore Breakfast Radio, 89.3 FM
October 29-31: The Money Show
- S&P 500 (SPY): 437 is the July 6-month calendar range low, will look for a return above or a trip to 420.
- Russell 2000 (IWM): 181.94 the low of the week is key; 180.72 the 6-momth calendar range low.
- Dow (DIA): Relative strength here-a return over 346 positive.
- Nasdaq (QQQ): 363 the July 6 month CRL, BUT held a key weekly MA at 357.
- Regional Banks (KRE): Outperformer, as all this did was fall to the July range high at 44.40.
- Semiconductors (SMH): 145 a weekly MA support level with 150 key resistance.
- Transportation (IYT): Landed on the July 6-month calendar range low. If holds, a positive.
- Biotechnology (IBB): Compression between 123-130.
- Retail (XRT): 62.80 the July 6-month calendar range low; this held the 200-DMA as well.
Director of Trading Research and Education